- HCAM News
- Absolutely Yoga
- All About Hopkinton
- Business Matters
- Dive In Drive In
- Government Meetings
- Great Gardens
- HCAM-ED Specials
- HCAM-TV Specials
- Hiller Sports
- The HOP Seat
- Manager's Corner
- Meet Your Neighbor
- Physician Focus
- Poetic Lines
- Senior View
- The Gathering
- Veterans Remember
- Wake Up & Smell the Poetry
- Women's Art Forum
- Live Stream
- Get Involved
- The HCAM Store
- Town Info
Selectmen to Appoint Elementary School Building Committee Members
At their meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 5, the Board of Selectmen will consider appointing 13 candidates to the Elementary School Building Committee, including four community seats.
The vacancies were announced on December 4, and the application window ran through December 18, 2012. According to a memo to the board from Town Manager Norman Khumalo and Interim Superintendent Steven Hiersche, “the town received 13 applications from a diverse, highly qualified, passionate and driven pool of candidates.” One candidate withdrew her name from consideration and the remaining 12 went through a structured interview process, all answering the same set of questions.
Four candidates for the community seats were recommended by the Hiersche and Khumalo and unanimously endorsed by the School Committee at their February 28, 2013 meeting.
- Mike Shepard – as the community member knowledgeable in educational mission and function of facility. Shepard has MSBA school building experience, is a qualified and practicing building inspector and has four grandchildren in the school system.
- Joe Markey – as the at large community member. Markey is a former member of the Planning Board and, with a child attending Center School, provides a connection to the parents of Center School students.
- John Weaver – as a community member with architecture, engineering and/or construction experience. Weaver is the co-owner and Managing Principal of DiGiorgio Associates, Inc., a full service architecture and engineering design firm specializing in healthcare and education design.
- Rob Nickerson – as a community member with communications, marketing and/or facilitator experience. Nickerson was selected for his extensive experience as a facilitator and project manager.
Per the Elementary School Building Committee Charge, the other appointments are as follows:
- Local Chief Executive Officer - John Mosher - Voting Member
- Administrator or Manager - Norman Khumalo - Non-Voting Member
- School Committee Member - John Graziano - Voting Member
- Alternate School Committee Member-Scott Aghababian - Voting only in the absence of primary member
- Supt. of Schools - Dr. Steven Hiersche - Non-Voting Member
- Local Official Responsible for Bldg. Maintenance - Dave Daltorio - Non-Voting Member
- School Principal - Center School Principal - Non-Voting Member
- Budget Official - Appropriation Committee member - Voting Member
- SBC member who is MCPPO certified- Ralph Dumas- Non-Voting Member